The tips and advice below represents the official guidance from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, please note that we do not cover travel to any country to which the Foreign and Commonwealth Office have advised against all (but essential) travel.

17 Jun 2019

Nigeria
Latest update: Terrorism section – addition of factual information about a terrorist attack in Konduga, Borno State on 17 June

Sudan
Latest update: Summary – update on security situation; the security situation remains tense; all airlines, apart from Emirates, are running their normal schedules

Mozambique
Latest update: Summary - updated information on impact of tropical cyclones Idai and Kenneth; Summary and Terrorism section – updated information about attacks in north-eastern districts of Cabo Delgado Province

Moldova
Latest update: Summary - removal of information on planned demonstrations in Chisinau over the weekend of 15 to 16 June

El Salvador
Latest update: This advice has been reviewed in full; Entry requirements section (Emergency Travel Document) - travelling via the United States of America on an ETD; Entry requriements section (Visas) - if you overstay your visa then you should expect to pay a fine before leaving the country

Panama
Latest update: This advice has been reviewed in full with editorial amendments

Nicaragua
Latest update: This advice has been reviewed in full with editorial amendments

Honduras
Latest update: Summary and Safety and security section (Political Situation): update on ongoing protests in Honduras; you should monitor local and social media for updates and follow the advice of local authorities

Haiti
Latest update: This advice has been reviewed in full with editorial amendments throughout

Mongolia
Latest update: This advice has been reviewed in full with editorial amendments throughout; Entry requirements section (Visas) - as of 1 May 2019, companies and individuals who are inviting foreign citizens to Mongolia can request entry permissions online for visa on arrival

Venezuela
Latest update: Summary - the land borders with Brazil and Colombia were re-opened by the de facto authorities on 7 June 2019; if you're planning travel in the region, please contact your travel company or tour operator for more information

Belarus
Latest update: Summary - removal of information on Northern Ireland v Belarus Euro 2020 qualifying match in Borisov on 11 June


16 Jun 2019

Uruguay
Latest Update: Summary - Since 18:30hrs power has been restored to 98.5% of the country, although the remaining 1.5% includes parts of Montevideo and the surrounding metropolitan area.

Argentina
Latest update: Summary - since 7:06am on 16 June, there has been a nationwide power outage. Work is ongoing to restore power. There is likely to be some disruption to local travel and services.

Georgia
Latest update: Summary - There is a planned gathering in central Tbilisi for Sunday 16 June, likely to affect the area around Vera Park related to opposition to the forthcoming Tbilisi Pride events planned for 18 – 23 June. There is the possibility of further unplanned demonstrations and counter-demonstrations over the next week in central Tbilisi, including near parliament, the State Chancellery, Freedom Square and Vera Park. Demonstrations in Tbilisi are usually well policed, but you should avoid large gatherings or demonstrations and follow the instructions of local authorities.


15 Jun 2019

Hong Kong
Latest update: Summary - updated information on political demonstrations


14 Jun 2019

Jamaica
Latest update: Safety and security section (Crime) and summary - update to reflect the extension of the Zones of Special Operations (ZOSOs) in Denham Town and Mount Salem to 19 August and 7 September respectively

Bangladesh
Latest update: This advice has been reviewed in full; Terrorism section and summary - update on recent attacks in Dhaka and updated advice on public gatherings, including religious gatherings and political rallies


13 Jun 2019

Brazil
Latest Update: Summary

Burundi
Latest update: Health section - addition of information on the availabilty of medical facilities in Burundi; update to information on malaria and the outbreak of cholera