Medical expenses cover that's as unique as you are.
Please Note: The information below provides a brief overview of an area of cover within our policies. All our policy benefits are subject to terms, conditions and exclusions. Please refer to the policy wording for full details.
The most important part of your travel insurance policy, ensuring you, your family and
those travelling under the policy are covered for medical expenses. You are covered in
the event of death, accidental injury or falling ill during your trip.
Outside of the UK medical treatment can be extremely expensive and ensuring you have adequate cover is essential.
We cover you for:
- Emergency medical, surgical and hospital treatment and ambulance costs.
- Emergency dental treatment as long as it is for the immediate relief of pain only (please see the table of benefits for details of the sum you are entitled to claim).
- The cost of your return to the United Kingdom earlier than planned if approved by the Medical Emergency Assistance Company and this is deemed to be a medical necessity.
- If you cannot return to the United Kingdom as you originally planned and the Medical Emergency Assistance Company agrees your extended stay is medically necessary, we will pay for:
- Extra accommodation (room only) and travel expenses (economy class unless a higher grade of travel is confirmed as medically necessary and authorised) to allow you to return to the United Kingdom;
- Extra accommodation (room only) for someone to stay with you and travel home with you if this is necessary due to medical advice;
- Reasonable expenses for one relative or friend to travel from the United Kingdom to stay with you (room only) and travel home with you if this is necessary due to medical advice.