All our policies include cover for Covid-19 as standard, to help you decide if this cover is suitable for your needs please view our dedicated Covid Page which explains how your cover applies in a number of circumstances.
While we recommend you read our Covid Page to understand in more detail the cover we include as standard the information below provides you with an overview of the core cover.
Cancelling due to Covid: You will be covered if you need to cancel your trip because:
- You or a close relative are diagnosed with or have contracted COVID-19
- You are required to self-isolate, subject to a positive test result/confirmation from a GP
- Someone you were due to travel with or stay with on your trip needs to self-isolate.
Cutting your trip short: You will be covered if you need to cut your trip short because:
- You have been denied boarding at your UK departure point because you have COVID-19 symptoms
- If you need to come home early because a close relative has COVID-19
- The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) or other regulatory authority in a country in which you are travelling in advise you to evacuate or return home.
Emergency medical cover for COVID-19: If you develop COVID-19 whilst abroad your policy will cover you for:
- Emergency medical treatment, repatriation and other expenses
- Additional transport and accommodation if you are unable to return home as planned.
Our policies DO NOT require you to be vaccinated against Covid. Please note however that our policies do not offer any cover if you fail to hold the relevant documentation as required by your airline (or other public transport such as a cruise ship or train) or destination country. For example if your destination country requires you to provide either proof of being fully vaccinated or a current negative test certificate and you are denied boarding/entry due to not providing valid documents there is no cover under our policies.
Our policies do not cover the costs of Covid testing or vaccination either prior to, during, or post your trip.
Please note that all cover noted above is subject to terms and conditions.